The Deckle Torn Edge Trimmer adds a whole new dimension to your crafting!
It is designed to give your card edges a distressed look and is perfect for creating both clean and inked effect to layers. It is both sturdy and easy to use with dual measuring guides at the top and bottom, a grid base and a soft grip handle.
The deckle effect is slightly different at the top and bottom so you can use either for a different finished result.
This is how the deckle edge varies along the length of the trimmer.
To make the first card, you will need the following:
I love the way the torn edge effect works so well with ink.
- Tim Holtz Deckle Torn Edge Trimmer
- Festive Treats Mason Jar die set
- Craft Perfect 6x6 Bright White card and envelope
- Craft Perfect 300gsm Bright White Smooth card
- Craft Perfect Pistachio Green card
- Craft Perfect Cherry Red card
- Craft Perfect Avocado Green card
- Craft Perfect Ruby Red High Gloss card
- Craft Perfect Classic Jute Twine
- Nuvo Hybrid Ink- Dried Oregano
- Nuvo Crystal Drops – Red Berry
- Craft Perfect 3D foam pads
- Craft Tacky Glue
- Black Ink
- Hole punch
Buy The Craft Project
I have cut the following layers (straight at the top and bottom and deckle edged at the sides) - White – 7cm x 14cm , Cherry Red – 8cm x 14cm, Avocado Green – 9cm x 14cm
I layered them together and glued them to the card front.
Then I used the long foliage die from the Mason Jar set to cut 3 Avocado Green branches and 2 Pistachio Green branches and glued these as a bunch to the card front.
I stamped the sentiment onto white card, cut with the trimmer and attached above the foliage with 3D foam pads. Lastly, I added a twine bow and Red Berries Crystal drops.