Hello there, Michelle Short with you today to take a look at Nuvo Glitter Markers.
This is such a fun medium to use to add sparkle to your projects.
I am sharing three ways to use Glitter Markers to create different looks.
There are currently 19 colours in the range and as you will see, you can use them in lots of different ways!
What are Nuvo Glitter Markers?
- Water based
- Broad nib making the pen smooth and easy to use.
- Currently 19 colours available.
- Can be purchased separately or in sets of three.
- Can be mixed to create new shades.
- Colours shown on the bottom and side of the pens for easy reference.
Swatching out colours
I do recommend creating swatches or colour charts for your Nuvo Glitter Markers. This is very helpful when choosing colours.
You can find colour charts on the tonic website here, but I did also create my own, as I like to swatch in my own colour order.
Please note that I am missing two colours from my personal collection – Iced Americano and Wild Mulberry.
3 Basic techniques using Nuvo Glitter Markers
In this video, I share three basic techniques for using Nuvo Glitter Markers, as well as information on using the markers for the first time.
ADDING DETAILS TO STAMPED IMAGES
- Stamp and colour images
- Add details with Glitter Markers
- Add small dots holding the pen upright
- You can also add patterns and lines – let your creativity run wild!
For this card, I stamped and coloured the balloon images from the Unicorn Wishes Stamp Set and then added small dots of Nuvo Glitter Markers for some added shine on the balloons.
They were added to an ink blended background, along with a unicorn from the same set. As you can see, the Glitter Markers add that extra special shimmer to the card.
WATERCOLOURING WITH NUVO GLITTER MARKERS
- Stamp image using Nuvo Hybrid Ink.
- Add Glitter Marker on to slick surface/media mat.
- Add water using a paint brush or Aqua Flow Brush.
- Add colour to the image.
- Mix colours to create new shades.
For this project, I stamped the daisy head and stem from the Daisy Doodles Stamp Set on to Craft Perfect Watercolour Card.
I then added the Glitter Markers on to my Media Mat and added water with a paint brush.
I picked the colour up from the mat and painted this on to the image. As you can see in the video, I mixed some colours to create new shades, which really expands the use of them.
- Scribble Glitter Markers on to a slick surface
- Spray with water
- Pounce or ‘smoosh’ cardstock into colour
- Dry between layers
For this card, I created the background using ink smooshing.
I added colour from the Glitter Markers on to a piece of acetate (or stamp packaging) and then sprayed it with water using the Nuvo Light Spray Mist Bottle.
Then, I picked up the acetate and smooshed this on to watercolour paper, drying each layer between colours.
I coloured some images from the Up In the Air Stamp Set using Nuvo Alcohol Markers and I added them on the panel using dimensional foam pads.
I hope this has given you some inspiration on using Nuvo Glitter Markers.
The best thing to do is experiment and have fun with them!
Thanks so much for joining me today, have a wonderful day!