Mason Jar Tutorial
The beautiful, versatile Mason Jar Collection consists of two die sets & two clear stamp sets:
- Mason Jar die set - 39 dies
- Mason Jar Labels die set - 27 dies
- Mason Jar Labels clear stamp set - 14 stamps
- Mason Jar clear stamp set - 16 stamps
Each of these sets work independently or for maximum effect, combine all the elements together to create stunning, dimensional projects.
How do we create the Mason Jar? Below is a selection of photographs showing the basic construction.
In photograph two, we have combined die cuts 2 & 3 to create an outer edge. Layer up all the pieces to create your basic Mason Jar. Add red liner tape to the outside tabs.
TOP TIP: Use Craft Perfect Metal Sheets with the lid die to create wonderful, realistic lids. The embossed & debossed elements simply “pop”.
To create a curved front on our Mason Jar, remove red liner tape, and start at one side placing this tab behind. Next, place second tab behind but before sticking in place, decide on how pronounced you would like your curve to be.
BASIC CONSTRUCTION IDEAS
Now we have our Mason Jar made, what can we do next? The following photographs show simple ideas to create a multitude of different themed projects using all the dies from the collection.
Die cut an inner panel in orange & place on to your Mason Jar. Next die cut a selection of orange pieces adding these. Finish with a label.
Lip-smacking Lemon Curd
Die cut an inner panel in yellow & place on to your Mason Jar. Next die cut a selection of lemon pieces adding these. Finish with a label.
Die cut an inner panel in deep yellow & place on to your Mason Jar. Next die cut several bees & layer up. Also die cut the Mason Jar larger lid, label & bow. Layer all the elements together.
Cut the Mason Jar larger lid from decorative paper or material. Next die cut a selection of sweets in different colours. Add these to your Mason Jar.
TOP TIP: the dies work beautifully with felt to add a textural feel to your project.
Refreshing Summer Drink
This time, remove the upper lid portion of your Mason Jar. Die set a few straws, layering together & add to your Mason Jar drink container. A few pieces of die cut fruit finish the look.
Country Flower Bouquet
This time, remove the upper lid portion of your Mason Jar. Die cut a selection of foliage in different greens & also a selection of flowers. Add your bouquet to your Mason Jar to create a wonderful wildflower look.
UPSCALING OUR PROJECTS
The ideas above are to give you a starting point to kick start your creativity. Now you feel confident with the dies, how can we add more to our projects?
- Use your Nuvo Aqua Flow or Creative Pens to create water or to add shading.
- Use the stamps sets and stamp directly inside your Mason Jar eg: extra fruit pieces, outside edges for the Mason Jar & add extra detail to the Mason lid. Your Nuvo Diamond ink pads are perfect for this.
- Create a varied selection of labels to suit each project using Mason Jar Labels die set & all the decorative details within this set.
- Personalise your labels using the Mason Jar Labels stamp set. Again your Nuvo Diamond ink pads are a perfect partner as they colour match perfectly with any Craft Perfect card used in your project.
Use Craft Perfect acetate to create the illusion of a glass jar, placing all your die cut & stamped elements behind .
Now we have the basic ideas combined with some of the upscaling ideas, we can create projects like those shown below.